7上U1 German, grammar, sound, complete, hobby, country, age, dream, everyone, Germany, mountain, elder, friendly, engineer, world, Japan, yourself, US
7上U2 daily, article; never; ride; usually; so; seldom; Geography; break; bell; ring; end; practice; market; guitar; grade
7下U1 person, cheerful, hard-working, patient, smart, probably, forget (forgot), smell, care, miss, joke, laugh, remain, strict, encourage, support, successful, member
7下U8 planet, career, shoot, host, knowledge, lively, last, anybody, achieve, sail, decide, train, alone
8下U1 raise, offer, serious, illness, express, pain, lonely, friendship, difficulty, peace, hurt, courage, spirits pay, community, suffer
8下U2 language, communication, accept, meaning, message, bored, lady, matter, expresion, appearance, towards, hold, later, neck, cross, nod, shake, sure
8下U7 unknown; receive; hill; loud; quiet; round; damage; frightened; discover; terrible; fear; wonder; line; refuse; spread; mark; desert; knife; explain; pleased
8下U8 Internet; post; excuse; past; present; wide; shape; recently; certainly; satisfy; mix; relax; while; technology; prepare
9上 U3 meal, share, decision, expect, abroad, business, personal, set, daughter, mind, suppose, either, relationship, invite, cost
7上U1 ask somebody about, close to , go to school, (be)good at, make friends with, all over, ‘d like to=would like to
7上U2 once or twice a week, junior high school, love/enjoy doing, on foot, take part in, have a good time, in the evening/ later in the afternoon, go to bed, have breakfast/lunch/dinner, get up
7下U1 as well, take care of, tell jokes, make fun of, be strict about, give up, go to work, all day and all night
7下U8 in the future, used to, look like, more and more, grow up
8下U1 in need, voluntary work, ask permission, suffer from, raise one’s spirits, in order to
8下U2 body language, take place, sit up, make a good impression on, remind sb. about sth
8下U7 keep quiet; because of; in fear; landing site; as soon as; agree with; disagree with
8下U8 in the present; at the front; on the Internet; in the shape of; mix.....with; prepare for; in a second
9上 U3 help with, (be) on business, have no interest in
Hello, everyone. Welcome to… My name is… I’m from…
My favourite subjects are… My dream is to…
Email me, please What’s your name?
What are your hobbies? What does your father/mother do?
I like swimming. I hope to…
I am seldom late. How short it is!
Lunch is from 11:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. We make great music together.
She takes time to help her child. My grandma was a short woman with grey hair.
I hope we will always remain friends. …he always encourages us and gives us support.
Never give up and you’ll be successful. What does he /she look like?
Mother’s Day is the time for us to say “Thank you” to our mums.
Mother’s Day is not only about gifts. …is the perfect gift for our mums.
Mother’s Day is about love.
If you love your mum, why not plan a special Mother’s Day for her?
That was the beginning of… It looked like…
How beautiful they were! … was great fun for me.
1. 3 1. teenagers offered to do some voluntary work during the school holidays.
2. Cindy wanted to paint a picture of the park near her home.
3. This helps them express their feelings.
4. I taught them to sing because music can bring them joy and peace.
5. Do you know how to help disabled children?
1. Communicating is more than just speaking. 2. Your whole appearance communicates things.
3. You don’t give people a good impression, Simon. 4. Her body language is making people feel welcome.
5. He sat up straight and tried smiling at people.
1. I’m sure something landed in the forest near the hill as I heard a loud noise last night.
2. They heard some voices speaking a strange language, so they hid behind some bushes and kept quiet.
3. The spaceship was damaged because of a crash.
4. Suddenly, another alien appeared from the bushes in front of them.
5. Since no one else saw these aliens, I refuse to believe you.
1. When we were living in our old house, we were using more energy.
2. While I was driving my old car, I was polluting the city.
3. It is in the shape of a whale.
4. I would certainly recommend Forever Green Houses to my friends.
5. It’ll be connected to the Internet.
1. I feel lonely when my parents are away from home.
2. Although it sometimes feels crowded in our little flat, we don’t mind.
3. New fashions soon go out of date, don’t they?
4. We eat meals together every day, and my family always come to school events.
5. We have a close relationship, and we always support each other.
1. My grandpa lives a_______, but he never feels lonely.
2. We haven’t d_______ where to go during the summer vocation.
3. The children were b_________ of going to the same park every weekend, so they just pretended to be sleeping.
4. I will feel r________ when I hear my favorite English songs.
5. I enjoy collecting jade in the s_______ of leaves.
6. When her classmates are in trouble, she always o_______ to help them out.
7. I would do all my own work and clean the house and cook the m________.
8. Different people have different h__________, and I am fond of seeing films.
9. People must be careful when c_______ the roads, or might be run over by cars.
10. It’s time for the final exam, students are busy p_________ for it.
11. The boy received many p________ on his birthday, but none was his favorite.
12. I refuse to buy those handbags which will c________ me a lot.
13. Please keep q______ when you are reading in the library.
14. When will the school sports meeting be h_______? In two weeks.
15. I have to s______ my room with my younger sister, so it is always in a mess.
1. Anna 很擅长唱歌，我们都相信她会成为一名歌手。
Anna ________ ________ ________ ________.We all believe she will become a singer.
David’s parents ________ ________ ________ his homework.
It’s a traditional virtue of China to offer seats to those ________ ________ on buses.
Since the Asian Games, great changes ________ ________ ________ in Guangzhou.
The birthday cake is made ________ ________ ________ ________ a heart.
Please return the books to the library ________ ________ ________ ________.
The famous director, An Lee, didn’t ________ ________ his dream even when he was poor.
I ________ ________ care a lot about my appearance.
9. Lily 对时尚不感兴趣。
Lily ________ ________ ________ ________ fashion.
I will ________ ________ the housework at weekends.
Could you tell me ________ ________ ________ go to the subway station?
Jane loves to ________ ________ ________ all kinds of social activities.
If you ________ milk ________ tea, you will get some delicious milk tea.
________ hot weather it is today!
You can buy clothes in the department stores, and on the Internet ________ ________.
7A Unit 1： wh-questions; a/an
7A Unit 2：一般现在时；表示频度的副词与副词短语
7B Unit 1：the
7B Unit 8：由when引导的时间状语从句；used to do/didn’t use to do
8B Unit 1：动词不定式
8B Unit 2：动名词作主语和宾语
8B Unit 7：原因状语从句；because of
8B Unit 2：过去进行时
9A Unit 3：系动词be; 系动词+名词/名词短语
1. New York is one of _______ biggest cities in the world, but it doesn’t have _______ long history
A. a, the B. the, a C. a, a D. the, the
2. Sarah, you’d better drink more water after ______ for such a long time.
A. run B. runs C. to run D. running
3. --- ________ can you finish this English examination?
--- In about one and a half hours.
A. How far B. How often C. How soon D. How long
4. We all felt ___________ at the ___________ result of the competition.
A. surprisingly, surprising B. surprisedly, surprising BDCCB; DCCCC
C. surprised, surprising D. surprising, surprised
5. Mike __________ live in London, but now he works in China.
A. is used to B. used to C. was used to D. gets used to
6. — I was at the cinema at nine o’clock yesterday evening. What about you?
— I _________ TV at home.
A. watch B. watched C. am watching D. was watching
7. You’d better ___________ to others in public. It’s too embarrassing.
A. don't force him to admit lying B. not to force him admitting to lie
C. not force him to admit lying D. don't force him to admit to lie
8. She is __ ready to help others. Everybody likes to make friends with her.A. seldom B. never C. always D. sometimes
9. If it _____ tomorrow, we won’t go to the park.
A. will rain B. rain C. rains D. is raining
10. We decided not to go to the seaside ______ the bad weather.
A. because B. as C. because of D. so
When you step into a new environment, you must have a strong wish to fit in. Fitting in means making more friends, 1 more influence on others and getting more chances to live a happier life. Here is some 2 that can help you.
Be confident. Confidence attracts most people. Everyone is special and there is only one person like you in this world. Spend 3 thinking about your strong points. If so, you will be able to build up confidence step by step. You won't have much difficulty fitting in.
Be kind to everyone. Kindness is the bridge to your own happiness. When people notice your kindness, they will return it one day. Always give more than you receive, and think more of others than of 4 . A person 5 cares for others is popular everywhere.
Be active in group activities. Various activities like playing football can help you to be known to 6 . You may add more friends to your circle. At the same time, you will be 7 to see how much they like you. Instead of wasting time being alone, go out to dance and sing together with others to develop friendship.
Be optimistic. Optimism makes both you and other people feel pleased. It makes a good first impression. A pleasant smile costs the 8 and does the most. Humor catches others' attention 9 People will like you for making them live happily.
If you follow what is mentioned above, you 10 by people around you. As a result, you will fit in very well and enjoy your new life.
1. A. had
B. to have
2. A. advice
3. A. sometimes
B. some times
C. some time
4. A. ourselves
5. A. /
6. A. other
B. the other
7. A. amazing
8. A. little
9. A. too
B. as well as
10. A. will accept
B. will be accepted
C. won’t accept
D. won’t be accepted
Amy was looking for a gift for her little daughter. Suddenly she 1 before a store of dolls. “Girls like dolls,” she thought as she stepped into it.
Looking around, she saw a 2 doll – one with grew hair and a pair of glasses. In her mind appeared Joyce, her mother.
When Amy was a little girl, she got her first doll from Joyce for her birthday. Then the second, third … A doll a year from Joyce never arrived 3 .
“Why always a doll?” This 4 had been in Amy’s mind until one day she knew the answer.
Little Joyce dreamed to have a doll. Her parents promised one for her 5 birthday. Sadly, they both 6 in a traffic accident before it arrived. The never-received gift was the most 7 thing in her eyes.
Joyce’s story being recalled, Amy got an idea.
It was Joyce’s 60th birthday. A parcel was sent to her, with a 8 that read,
I forget to 9 you the parcel that you should have received on May 20, 1956, your fifth birthday. The gift inside has aged, but I felt that you might still wish to have it.
Love, Angel of Joy
Joyce opened the parcel and saw a lovely grandma doll. She held the doll tightly that she had waited so many years for, with tears running down her face. The doll, given by “Angel of Joy”, made her the 10 “child” in the world.
1. A. stopped B. sat C. went D. moved
2. A. mother B. child C. grandma D. daughter
3. A. early B. late C. sadly D. lovely
4. A. idea B. mind C. question D. answer
5. A. second B. third C. fifth D. sixtieth
6. A. left B. stepped C. dreamed D. died
7. A. helpful B. important C. useful D. careful
8. A. gift B. word C. card D. parcel
9. A. buy B. send C. leave D. show
10. A. happiest B. saddest C. loveliest D. smallest
“Lizzie, there’s a letter for you!” Emily called up the stairs to her sister. Lizzie looked down. “Is it from Harvard? They refused my application（申请）once.” Emily answered, “No, it’s from Yale.” Quickly, Lizzie walked downstairs. She took the letter and opened it. “Rejected again,” Lizzie said unhappily. “Who says women can’t be doctors?”
“They are fools not to accept you. You can’t let them stop you, Lizzie,” Emily said.
“I won’t. I’ll apply to Geneva Medical College,” Lizzie told her sister. As it turned out, the professors at Geneva Medical College were not fools. They allowed Lizzie Blackwell to study medicine.
In 1848, a year before Lizzie would graduate, a typhoid epidemic (伤寒流行病) broke out in New York. Lizzie wrote to Emily. “There’s an outbreak (爆发) of typhoid, and I am going to help. It is dangerous, so if I die, please do me the honor of studying medicine yourself.”
Emily replied, “Encouraged by your dream and success, I have decided to study in medical school, as well.”
Having survived the disease, Lizzie tried to set up a private medical practice. “I graduated first in my class but no one believes a woman can be a good doctor,” she said to Emily one day. “All I hear is that doctors should be men, while women should stay home to cook and clean.”
Emily said worriedly, “I will graduate in June with my medical degree. What shall we do?” Lizzie thought for a while and replied, “There’s a big house in the poor part of our town. We can provide medicine there for people who couldn’t afford care.”
Soon with the help of some friends, Lizzie and Emily bought the house and opened a hospital for poor women and children. “We’ll have an all-women staff (员工),” Lizzie said. “And later, we’ll set up a medical college for women!” Emily added. At last, Lizzie realized her dream of being a doctor.
1. Which of the following can be used in place of the underlined word “Rejected”?
A. Refused. B. Praised C. Changed. D. Accepted.
2. How did Emily feel when she heard Lizzie’s words about the letter from Yale?
A. Excited. B. Happy. C. Satisfied. D. Angry.
3. Who thought women could be doctors according to the passage?
A. Professors at Harvard. B. Professors at Yale.
C. Professors at Geneva Medical College. D. All of the above.
4. In 1848, Lizzie wrote to Emily to _____.
A. persuade Emily to come to help the sick
B. ask Emily to study medicine if she died
C. warn Emily the danger of typhoid epidemic
D. tell Emily she would graduate from college
5. Which of the following can best be used to describe Lizzie?
A. Humorous. B. Honest. C. Determined. D. Careful.
Friendship is one of the greatest pleasures that people can enjoy. ___1 A true friend does indeed find pleasure in our joy and share sorrow in our grief. In time of trial, he or she is always at our side to give us his or her help and comfort.
____2 .We must choose someone who has a good character, whose activities are good and who shows kindness of heart. ___3 __.
__4 .If you tell a friend your secrets, he or she won’t tell anyone else. Friends share each other’s joys and sorrows. They help each other when they are in trouble and cheer each other up when they are sad. __5 . In conclusion, when you have made a good friend, don’t forget him or her.
A. Knowing how valuable friendship is, we should be very careful in our choice of a friend.
B. It is very difficult to find a better definition of friendship.
C. A true friend can always be trusted, loved and respected.
D. The most important thing is that a friend always understands you.
E. We should avoid these shallow people who are easily changed by adversities or misfortune.
In twenty years, I will have finished school with a PhD. I will be a successful businessman then, and I will have my own company. I won’t go to the office every day. Instead, I will work at home according to my own plan. I will live with my wife and we’ll have a robot to look after our kids. We won’t live with our parents but they will live nearby. I’ll go and see them very often. We’ll take them for a family trip every year . In my spare time, I will play tennis with my friends. Besides, I also like playing baseball. My life in 20 years will surely be exciting and comfortable. I will enjoy my life a lot.
下面你有50秒钟的时间准备。你的介绍可以这样开始：Mike will …
话题听力原文：In twenty years, I will have finished school with a PhD. I will be a successful businessman then, and I will have my own company. I won’t go to the office every day. Instead, I will work at home according to my own plan. I will live with my wife and we’ll have a robot to look after our kids. We won’t live with our parents but they will live nearby. I’ll go and see them very often. We’ll take them for a family trip every year . In my spare time, I will play tennis with my friends. Besides, I also like playing baseball. My life in 20 years will surely be exciting and comfortable. I will enjoy my life a lot.
最近媒体对“中国式过马路” (Chinese style of crossing road)这一现象进行了尖锐的批评。我们学校也开展以“做文明市民，安全出行”为主题的交通安全宣传月活动，请你就这一话题写一篇短文，投稿到学校论坛上，向同学们发出“文明安全出行，遵守交通规则”的倡议。
红绿灯：traffic nights 缺乏交通安全意识：lack traffic safety awareness
遵守交通规则：obey the traffic rules
The issue of crossing the street in the Chinese way has been a hot topic in the society recently. Some people
Topic 3 Life 话题运用答案
1. alone 2. decided 3. bored 4. relaxed 5. shape 6. offers 7. meal 8. hobbies 9. crossing 10. preparing 11. presents 12. cost 13. quiet 14. held 15. share
1. is good at singing 2. are strict in 3. in need 4. have taken place 5. in the shape of 6. as soon as possible 7. give up 8. used to 9. has no interest in 10. help with 11. the way to 12. take part in 13. mix; with 14. What 15. as well
1—5 BDCCB 6—10 DCCCC
1—5 CACBD 6—10 DDCAB
1—5 ACBCC 6—10 DBCBA
Mike will have finished school with his PhD in twenty years. At that time, he will be a successful businessman, and he will have his own company. He will live with his wife and his kids, and his parents will live nearby. Every year he will have a family trip with his parents. When he is free, he will play tennis or play baseball. His life in twenty years will be exciting and comfortable. He will enjoy his life a lot.
The issue of crossing the street in the Chinese way has been a hot topic in the society recently. Some people don’t follow the instructions of traffic lights. They cross the street when the red light is on. This kind of behaviour is harmful to the safety of themselves as well as the others, including the drivers.
In order to avoid the behaviour of “Chinese style of crossing road” here are some suggestions for you.
First, obey the traffic rules. You shouldn’t cross the road until the green light is on. That means you should stop walking when the red light is on. Also remember ”Safety First”. Don’t play on the road because it’s dangerous. Moreover, you can tell your parents and your friends to obey the traffic light with you together.
In a word, “Chinese style of crossing road” is dangerous and should be avoided. Remember that your proper behaviour will make a great contribution to the society. Let’s start out small and make our life safer and more colorful.