8上U5 culture, local, British, glad, guest, chopstick, weekday, tour, fantastic, experience, already, introduce, success, yet ,
8上U6 ancient, war, understand(understood), difference, huge, pull, main, celebrate, stupid, empty, except, secret, side, army, enter, succeed, queen, steal, punish, sir;
9上U1 Olympics, agreement, doubt, real, truth, seem, solve, fill, bowl, less, certain, hit, brave, correct, mistake
9上U2 mind, consider, sense, university, pleasure, avoid, tonight, trust, seat, pale, obey, reduce, exactly, action
9下U1 American, discovery, rise, develop, relation, trade, foreign, Africa, silk, giraffe, development, pioneer, people, wealth, spread
9下U2 camp, international, spare, degree, fail, manage, everyday, whatever, pink, purple, anyway, especially, baseball, education, national, president, vacation
8上U5 at first, so far, a bit of, introduce…to, come over (to…)act out, make jokes about, except for, (be)full of, in the end, come on,
8上U6 act out, make jokes about, except for, (be)full of, in the end, come on,
9上U1 be happy with, fill……with, run over, send……to prison, make sure, have a try, add up, go down
9上U2 sense of humor let…down by heart take a seat without difficulty join in have no idea (be) in trouble play a joke on sb. turning point a series of
9下U1 open up, go on a trip, set up, (be) known as, as well as, lead to, compare…with
9下U2 set off, take off, in one’s spare time, to a certain degree, get used to, under the weather
1. It’s been a fantastic experience so far.
2. I haven’t had much success yet, but I’ll keep trying.
3. We’ve already learnt a lot about Chinese culture and history.
4. My exchange visit to Wookpark School has gone well.
5. Have you ever lived and studied in another country?
1. Now they’ve given up and sailed away.
2. I haven’t laughed like this since my childhood.
3. By midnight, the man square was empty, except for the huge horse.
4. For ten years, the Greeks could not capture the city by fighting.
5. In one night, however, they succeeded in capturing it through a clever trick.
1. It’s a nice crown, isn’t it?
2. This problem seems difficult to solve.
3. The crown maker tricked me, didn’t he? What a bad man he is!
4. I have never seen it rain this hard before.
5. I want to be a scientist like him in the future.
1. Many people consider Albert Einstein genius.
2. It’s a pleasure to drive a genius like you, Dr Einstein.
3. I wish I could avoid giving my lecture tonight.
4. He then asked a question so difficult that Hans had no idea what he was talking about.
5. You’re the first person to be so honest with me.
1. His travels were so important that they are still studied today.
2. They were big enough to carry 25, 000 people as well as very large quantities of goods.
3. It seemed that nowhere was too far for him to visit.
4. However, his voyages were such a huge achievement that people still remember him as a pioneer in opening up cultural contacts between different peoples around the world.
5. He loved Hangzhou so much that he described it as “the finest city in the world”.
1. I must admit that at first America was a big culture shock for me.
2. Many things were strange to me: the language, the food and even the school.
3. They organized a lot of activities for me in my spare time so that I wouldn’t miss home or feel lonely.
4. However, to a certain degree, life in the US was hard to get used to.
5. They do not require students to wear uniforms, so students can wear almost whatever they like.
1 I’m c that I can pass the coming test. I an well prepared.
2 I don’t d that he will come to help us. He is a warm-hearted man.
3 I think you’re been cheated. Look at the logo. It can’t be a r Rolex.
4 Please don’t t______ him. He always tells lies.
5 Soldiers are expected to o______ orders without question.
6 I often s_______ my ideas with my parents because they always support me.
7 Though we may f________ , we would like to try.
8 He is strong because he has a healthy d________ and takes exercise every day.
9 Tom is so strong that I can’t b_______ him.
10 People usually do something fun on weekends to get r_______.
11 I’ve read your r_______ on the movie. I quite agree with your opinion.
12 I’m going to t________ my friends in my house on my birthday.
13 He pretended that he was working hard but actually he was very l_______.
14 The Adventure of Tom Sawyer is an interesting n________.
15 The s__________ means you cannot take photos here.
The cat is __________ __________food in the kitchen.
He greeted the old man and __________ __________ a bottle of water.
The shop assistant _________ her_______ ________ lots of clothes.
_______ ________ _______,the rain stopped.
To ________ ________, she hasn’t had snacks for a months.
I am ________ ________ _________ you.
I don’t know _______ ________ __________ ________.
She sat by the window and .
The glass _______ _________ _________ juice.
I have to learn these words __________ _________.
Thank you for _________ _________ this activity.
I __________ _________ __________ _________ others’ personal things.
I haven’t __________ _________ him for a long time.
Linda is _________ __________ _________ in her class.
I trusted you ,but you _________ __________ _________.
（8上U5现在完成时；8上U6现在完成时和一般现在时的区别；9上U1 反意疑问句；9上U2句子的类型；9下U1 结果状语从句；9下U2目的状语从句）
1. ——How many words do you know, Jiaming?
——So far I_____2,000 words
A. learned B. learn C. have learnt D. am learning
2. Mr Brown has been in China____. He loves Chinese culture very much.
A. for 2 years ago B. since 2 years ago. C. for 2 years before D. since 2 years before
3.——Have you ____ visited Beijing?
——No, I have ____visited there.
A .never; yet B. ever: yet C. already；ever D. ever; never
4. Few of them hurt themselves in the accident last night, ____?
A. don’t they B. didn’t they C. did they D. do they
5. Let’s go and play football, ____?
A. do you B. will you C. doesn’t he D. shall we
6.The teacher told the students _________ any noise in the school library.
A. didn’t make B. to not make C. not to make D. not make
7. It was a sunny day ________ we decided to have a picnic in the mountain.
A. so; that B. such; that C. such; so D. so; as
8. 7. When you feel _____ to watch TV by the n, you are all right.
A. enough good B. enough well C. well enough D. good enough
9. They are______ shocked to say a word at the horrible news.
A. too B. very C. quite D. quite
10. She got up very early_________ she won’t be late for work.
A. such that B. enough to C. so as to D. so that
Why do so many people around the world love Chinese cooking? In China, cooking 1 an art or a culture, just like music, dancing and painting. 2 , there is more than just one kind of Chinese food. Different areas in China have special ways of 3 because of the 4 in weather and geography.
Traditional Chinese doctors believe a balance of yin and yang is 5 than some food with lots of fat. Maybe you should eat yang food, like beef when you feel weak or 6 . And you should eat yin food like tofu while you are too stressed out or angry. The Chinese believe people 7 eat a balanced diet should be healthier than 8 who only eat foods that taste good.
There is 9 more for Chinese food than just taste. Behind many dishes are traditions with deep meaning. 10 Chinese food tradition is to eat long noodles on the birthday as a symbol of long life. 11 traditional food, yuan xiao, suggests that a family will always stay together. 12 the Spring Festival Eve, people often eat fish, because yu sounds like the meaning of the word “more than enough”.
13 north to south, east to west, people are sure 14 some kind of Chinese food suit their taste and 15 .
1. A be B is C was D are
2. A However B But C For D Or
3. A cook B to cook C to cooking D cooking
4. A difference B differences C different D differently
5. A health B healthy C healthier D more healthily
6. A tire B tiring C tired D tiredly
7. A who B which C whom D /
8.A that B this C those D these
9.A very B so C many D much
10.A One B A C Only D Other
11.A Other B Another C The other D others
12.A In B At C On D For
13.A Of B For C On D From
14.A to find B find C finding D found
15.A interesting B interested C interest D interests
"Where is the university?" This is a question that many visitors to Cambridge(剑桥)ask. But no one can give them a 1 answer, for there is no wall to be found 2___ the university. The university is the city. You can find classroom buildings, 3 , museums and offices of the university all over the city. And most of its members are the students and 4 of the thirty-one colleges . .
Cambridge was already a 5 town long before the first students and teachers arrived 800 years ago. It grew up by the river Granta, and the river was once 6 the Cam. A 7 was built over the river as early as 875. So the town got its name "Cambridge".
In the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries more and more land was used for college buildings. The town grew much 8 in the nineteenth century after the opening of the railway in 1845. Cambridge became a 9 in 1951 and now it has a population of over 100, 000. Many young students in other countries 10 to study at Cambridge. Thousands of people from all over the world come to visit the university town. It has become a famous place all around the world.
1. A. true B. clear C. right D. real
2. A. around B. in C. near D. by
3. A. cinemas B. parks C. zoos D. libraries
4. A. parents B. farmers C. workers D. teachers
5. A. interesting B. usual C. developing D. common
6. A. said B. called C. spoken D. talked
7. A. bridge B. building C. station D. house
8. A. smaller B. slower C. faster D. cleaner
9. A. city B. college C. university D. country
10. A. stop B. hate C. hope D. need
Do you want to learn more about London and London culture? If yes, let’s go to London and have a good visit. London is a huge city with more things to do than anywhere else. With the London Pass, you get free entry to over 50 specially selected places with one purchase. In the list you’ll find:
19 historic buildings
22 museums and art galleries
8 tours, cruises and walks and leisure activities
13 places of interest including ships and aquariums
12 restaurants and services
……and many more
The London Pass offers not only great value and convenience, but also enables you to beat the queues at selected attractions. There are also special offers such as discounts at restaurants and theatres, where the attraction is normally free to the public. The London Pass also gives you great offers such as a free guided tour. So whether you prefer museums or cinemas, galleries or ice skating or zoos, with the London Pass there really is something for everyone.
You can buy Adult or Child passes for 2, 3 or 6 days. See all ticket prices below and choose what you need.
London Pass 2 days Adult-Item E-036
London Pass 3 days Adult-Item E-037
London Pass 6 days Adult-Item E-038
London Pass 2 days Child (5-15 years)
London Pass 3 days Child (5-15 years)
London Pass 6 days Child (5-15 years)
You can contact us by sending emails or making calls.
Please call 1-888-254-0637
Outside the US please call 00-800-84468370 or +1 210 507 5997
VIP reservations: Contact a Customer Service representative at 1-866-270-2849
NOTE: If your reservation is made prior to Jan 15th, 2013, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. With the London Pass you can probably do all the following things for free EXCEPT______ .
A. see famous buildings B. stay at hotels
C. go boating D. join in entertainment activities
2. According to Paragraph 2, with the London Pass, visitors ________ .
A. won’t have to pay for guided tours
B. can eat meals for free at some restaurants
C. will be fined unless they wait in line
D. won’t be allowed to travel alone
3. How much should Mr King pay for the London Pass 2 days if he goes with his wife and 7-year-old son?
A. $174 B. $236 C. $244 D. $270
4. What can be inferred from the passage?
A. The London Pass has discounts for students.
B. 16 year olds can enjoy the London Pass 2 days Child.
C. Children under 5 don’t need the London Pass.
D. The London Pass cannot be bought on weekends.
5. The passage is probably taken from a_______
A. journal B. travel guide C. textbook D. novel
Over ninety percent of the movies shown in Taiwan come from American. So, if you just look at the movie advertising there, you will feel like you are in the US. It’s so sad. 1
2 It is a good way for people to share their ideas and emotions of happiness and sadness. However, I think it is always the people who live together and have the same culture who can share their feelings well.
3 But inside my feelings are different. Because these are movies for Americans, they cannot move me the same way. 4 We do have our own movies, but people don’t seem very interested in them. 5 .
Americans have higher technology and a more professional film industry, so it’s no wonder they can conquer the market. Even though it’s difficult to change the situation, I hope our movies can come back to the theaters again.
A. A movie is a good medium because it combines（结合） all kinds of art.
B. We don’t have many of our movies.
C. To be honest, our movies are not as fascinating as Hollywood movies.
D. Whenever I see a good American movie, I am always touched.
E. That’s why I wish we could have our own movies.
Chigang, Haizhu District
Things to enjoy
the world’s highest restaurant
the highest 4D cinema
the highest Ferris wheel
9a.m. to 10p.m.every day
I am so glad that you will visit Guangzhou as an exchange student. To help you get used to the life in Guangzhou, I… ______________________________________________
一、1. certain 2. doubt 3. real 4. trust 5. obey 6. share 7. failed 8. diet 9. beat 10. relaxed 11. review 12. treat 13. lazy 14. novel 15. sign
二、 1. looking for 2. held out 3. tricked , into buying 4. After a while 5. lose weight 6. prepared to help 7. why she passed out 8. kept still 9. is full of / is filled with 10. by heart 11. helping with 12. have no interest in 13. heard from 14. out of place 15. let me down
1—5CBDCD 6—10 CBCAD
1—5 BADBC 6—10 CACDA 11—15 BCDAC
1—5 BADDC 6—10 BACAC
Canton Tower is in Chigang, Haizhu District. It’s a beautiful tower with a height of 600 meters. In the tower, it has the highest 4D cinema and the highest Ferris wheel. Also, you can enjoy a wonderful in the tower because it has the world’s highest restaurant. It is open from 9a.m. to 10p.m.every day. It is an amazing place.
I am so glad that you will visit Guangzhou as an exchange student. To help you get used to the life in Guangzhou, I suggest you come to Guangzhou and stay with us this summer holiday. Since I am free in the holiday, I and my family will have more time to show you around and introduce the culture of Guangzhou to you.
I have made a careful plan of your visit. First, we will go to some places of interest in Guangzhou so that you can have an idea of how big Guangzhou is and what Guangzhou is like. Then I will invite you to taste the Guangzhou food which is world famous. In Guangzhou, people prefer to drink the tea and take some Dimsum in the morning while they have a pleasant talk with their friends. I will also bring you to practice a little bit Taichi, a traditional exercise to build up our bodies. People of all ages usually go to the park to practice it. Finally, I will take you to the theatre to enjoy Guangdong Opera which is an old form of art but still very popular today. I think these can help you understand this exciting city better. Of course, during your stay in Guangzhou, you will come up with many new ideas and we can change our plan and make your stay here unforgettable.
Looking forward to your coming!